Export Hub Facilitator - Shoalhaven City Council
Wed 01 Jan 2020
Shoalhaven City Council is a dynamic organisation serving a large and diverse community; limitless opportunity exists for an exciting and rewarding career. The Shoalhaven is located just 2 hours from Sydney and 2.5 hours from Canberra. The Shoalhaven is home to 106,000 people, with a Gross Regional Product of $6.2b supporting an employed workforce of 35,800.
- Salary: $86,084 - $97,769 (pro-rata) p.a. plus 9.5% Superannuation
- Develop an Export Strategy for the Shoalhaven and participating SMEs.
- Part-Time Fixed Term (2 years) – 21 hours per week
About the role
Shoalhaven City Council has been successful in obtaining a grant from the Australian Government under the Small and Medium Enterprises (SME) Export Hubs program.
The project will establish an SME Export Hub to support Shoalhaven manufacturing SME’s to get export ready. The hub will work with each participant business to create individualised export strategies. These strategies will also be used to identify common barriers to export and potential overseas markets. The network of SME’s will create a space where businesses can learn first-hand from each other’s export experiences and collaborate on export efforts.
The development of export strategies and the creation of the export hub will create export ready businesses that are then able to take advantage of other services such as those offered by Austrade, TradeStart and Growth Centres.
The advertised salary is based on the grade of the position, comprising of 4 steps within the range shown. The starting salary is at Step 1 within the grade. Progression through the salary steps shall be based upon the achievement of performance objectives relating to the position.
Reporting directly to the Economic Development Manager, the focus of this position is to:
- Establish and develop the Shoalhaven Export Hub (SEH), including the recruitment of business representatives.
- To develop a Shoalhaven Export Strategy and work with SEH members to develop individualised export strategies.
- To assist participating Shoalhaven SME’s by increasing their knowledge of exporting
- Identify and address barriers to export.
- Organise and facilitate bi-monthly SEH meetings.
- Co-ordinate training and information sessions for SEH members to address any identified needs.
- Work closely with Shoalhaven manufacturing SME’s to create individualised export strategies.
- Identify and take advantage of programs offered by other service providers, such as: AusIndustry, Austrade, TradeStart, Commonwealth Government Growth Centres initiative and State Government export support services.
- Report project outcomes to the Steering Committee and contribute to funding progress reports
- Develop a Shoalhaven Export Strategy
- Complete final project report - serving as a ‘how to’ guide for other Australian regional areas
Skills & Experience
In order to be successful in the position, you will be/ possess:
- Tertiary qualification in relevant discipline i.e. Commerce, Business, Economics, Communications or similar.
- Experience in business development, business planning and/or project management.
- Facilitation, presentation and communication skills.
- An understanding of exporting, international trade and economics.
- Experience in international trade
- Knowledge of current Australian Customs requirements
- Ability to research and give guidance on local, national and international legislation relevant to exporting, including the ability to refer SEH members to relevant information sources and independent legal services.
- Ability to communicate, build and maintain strong relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience preparing formal applications and reports for government agencies.
- An understanding of the local government environment and working in a public sector role
- Class C Driver’s Licence.
- Australian Passport or ability to obtain.
We are committed to creating a positive culture and strong team environment, and offer a range of benefits:
- Long Service Leave After 5 Years
- 9 Day Fortnight for Outdoor Staff
- Flexitime for Indoor Staff
- Fitness Passport
- Novated Lease Arrangements
- Discounted Private Health Insurance
- Training and Development Programs
How to Apply
You will be required to upload your resume and a brief cover letter which should address the selection criteria as outlined in the job description.
During the application you will also be required to respond to position related questions as shown below and questions regarding general information about you.
- At Shoalhaven City Council our corporate core values are: Collaboration, Adaptability, Integrity and Respect. Please choose one value and advise how you have enacted this value in a professional setting.
- Please list the relevant qualifications and experience you hold.
- Briefly describe your experience supervising and supporting collaborative teams, how do you approach leadership tasks?
- Describe the experience that you have had with similar projects?
- Contact: Greg Pullen – Economic Development Manager – 02 4429 3388
- Applications Close: Thursday, 23 July 2020 (at Midnight)
- Click here to view the Export Hub Facilitator Job Description
- Click here to apply for the position of Export Hub Facilitator