University of Wollongong - Shoalhaven Campus
The Shoalhaven Education Precinct, a strategic development is combining the resources of Shoalhaven City Council, the University of Wollongong and the NSW Government.
At the centre of development at Mundamia, to the west of Nowra is a campus for the University of Wollongong offering a range of courses at Nowra through its Faculties of Law, Humanities & the Arts; Business; Science Medicine and Health; Social Sciences.
The Shoalhaven Education Precinct offers a campus where students can undertake all or part of a degree. With the upgrading of the technology used for flexible delivery of learning at UOW, it is expected that an even greater range of subject and course offerings will be available each year.
NSW TAFE - Illawarra Institute
NSW TAFE have campuses at Bomaderry and Milton/Ulladulla, allowing the opportunity to train locally and providing the region with a strong skills base.
The Nowra Campus is the Illawarra Institute’ssecond largest and includes a library, a large tourism and hospitality training facility, a child studies facility and computer rooms. The campus offers a broad range of courses in the trade, manufacturing and services areas. Including;
- Access Programs (includes Aboriginal Education & Training Unit, Outreach)
- Building & Construction (Carpentry & Joinery)
- Business Services (includes Administration Services, Finance, Retail & Property)
- Engineering & Manufacturing (includes Electrotechnology, Metal Fabrication & Welding)
- General Education ( includes Adult Basic Education, Prevocational)
- Information Technology and Arts & Media (includes Fashion Technology)
- Personal, Community & Health Services (includes Child Studies, Nursing, Welfare)
- Tourism & Hospitality (includes Commercial Cookery, Food & Beverage, Travel) Transport, Rural & Maritime (includes Agriculture, Dairy, Horticulture, and Land Management)
The Ulladulla Campus of TAFE serves the southern Shoalhaven area from Sussex Inlet in the north to Kioloa in the south. Students have the opportunity to study a wide selection of courses in the business services, tourism and hospitality, general education, community services and maritime.