At a glance the strengths of Shoalhaven as a business location are:
- Adjacent to the largest market in Australia (Sydney with over 5 million population is 2 hours away)
- Easy access to freight hubs (Botany, Kembla, Mascot)
- Innovative, internationally oriented companies
- Qualified workforce thanks to an education system that appreciates vocational education
- Adequate infrastructure allowing good connectivity to markets
- Competitive labour rates
- Political stability, reliable administration and protection of corporate & private property
- and an excellent lifestyle in which to live!
The Shoalhaven’s growing population and close proximity to Sydney, Wollongong and Canberra gives your business access to markets of 6 million people. With a population of over 100,000 people, the Shoalhaven provides investors with a city sized customer and business base offering incredible opportunities across a range of different sectors.
The Shoalhaven offers its residents the rare opportunity to grow a business with quality employees and business networks while still enjoying the benefits and lifestyle of country and coastal living. These business opportunities are only expected to increase over the next few years, with the Shoalhaven remaining one of the fastest growing areas in Australia.
Shoalhaven City Council remains committed to ensuring these opportunities are captured in order to guarantee the area maximises on its unlimited potential.
In the "proudly Shoalhaven" series of case studies local business operators share their experiences of relocating, establishing and growing a business within Shoalhaven.