Dairy farming business grants - Updated on 30 June 2020
Tue 30 Jun 2020
Energy Efficient Communities Program - Dairy Farming Business Grants provides dairy farming businesses with grants of up to $20,000 to improve energy efficiency, reduce energy costs and lower on-farm emissions.
Grants may be used for equipment replacement, component upgrades, energy audits or feasibility studies. Applications are open until 17 August 2020.
The objectives of this grant opportunity are to support dairy farming businesses to:
- replace existing equipment with higher efficiency equipment
- install or replace a component/s to help an existing system run more efficiently
- carry out on-farm energy audits
- carry out monitoring of energy usage and emissions
The intended outcomes of the grant opportunity are:
- reduced energy consumption leading to reduced greenhouse gas emissions from dairy farm businesses
- increased awareness amongst dairy farmers of how to improve their energy efficiency
- reduced energy costs for dairy farm businesses
The minimum grant is $5,000 with the maximum $20,000. All eligible projects can be fully funded from the grant.
- Click here for more information and to apply for a Dairy farming business grant