Regional Job Creation Fund
Wed 16 Dec 2020
The $100 million Regional Job Creation Fund supports existing businesses in regional NSW to grow and encourages interstate or overseas businesses to invest in regional NSW. Applications are now open and close 14 May 2021, or when program funding has been fully allocated.
The Regional Job Creation Fund supports regional investment and job creation by offering up to $10 million in co-funding to activate or bring forward regional projects in engine, enabling or emerging engine industries.
Examples of eligible projects could include the:
- replacement, upgrade or adaptation of plant and equipment at an existing regional NSW business
- establishment of an additional production line for an existing regional NSW business
- onshoring of activity currently done overseas to a regional NSW location
- development of new regional tourism experiences and visitor attractions
- relocation of a business operation from out of state to regional NSW.
The Regional Job Creation Fund’s focus is to co-fund projects creating at least five sustainable regional jobs. More information is available in the program guidelines.
A webinar providing guidance about the fund’s eligibility requirements and the application process was held on 5 November 2020. The webinar was recorded and it's recommended potential applicants watch the session prior to submitting an application.