2021 COVID-19 business grant
Wed 21 Jul 2021
If you’re a business, sole trader or not-for-profit organisation in NSW and you've been impacted by the recent COVID-19 restrictions, you may be eligible for a one-off grant of $7,500, $10,500 or $15,000.
The 2021 COVID-19 business grant provides cash flow support for businesses that experienced reduced demand or had to close due to the public health orders. Eligible applicants across NSW can use the grant for business costs incurred from 1 June 2021, including:
- utilities, wages and rent
- financial, legal or other advice to support business continuity planning
- marketing and communications activities to develop the business
- the cost of perishable goods that can no longer be used
- other activities to support the operation of the business.
To be eligible for the grant, you must:
- have an active Australian Business Number (ABN)
- demonstrate your business was operating in NSW as at 1 June 2021
- have had total annual Australian wages of $10 million or less as at 1 July 2020
- have had an aggregated annual turnover between $75,000 and $50 million (inclusive) for the year ended 30 June 2020
- have business costs for which there is no other government support available
- maintain your employee headcount as at 13 July 2021. See the guidelines for definitions.
Three different grant amounts will be available depending on the decline in turnover experienced over a minimum 2-week period from 26 June 2021 to 26 July 2021, compared to the same period in 2019:
- $7,500 for a decline of 30% or more
- $10,500 for a decline of 50% or more
- $15,000 for a decline of 70% or more.
Businesses and not-for-profit organisations on the NSW border with Victoria impacted by the stay-at-home orders that began on 27 May 2021 may use a different comparison period to demonstrate a decline in turnover. For each of the 3 grant amounts, these businesses must demonstrate a decline in turnover over a minimum 2-week period from 27 May 2021 to 26 July 2021.
- Click here to be taken to the Service NSW COVID-19 business grant. (Note information may change daily)